About Me

My photo
My husband Kim IS the Bald Englishman Hairdresser in Bethlehem, Tauranga. I am a maximiser - total perfectionist - Kim's worst client I'm sure :)

Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 April 2012

CHOPPED IT OFF!!!!

I know, I'm a lightweight but I just couldn't bear it any longer ...

You see, "The Fringe" had taken on a life of it's own - it was like "The Donald" only worse!  I had started talking about it like it was it's own person ... that would have been fine if I actually LIKED it!!

Friday at work:  I had convinced myself that "The Fringe" was behaving and that I was liking it - by mid-morning, I was well and truly OVER IT - I HATED IT!  So much so that, 10 minutes prior to a meeting,  I was found neurotically rummaging my handbag and desk for a hair clip / kirby grip - none to be found... SO I used a paperclip - Yes, that was the Rock Bottom of my fringe growing episode!!!

Saturday morning:  As I was cursing under my breathe and trying to "do" my hair (feeling close to tears actually - I know, pathetic really!)... Kim teased me - You know you want to cut it off - think of all those people following your blog though"  ... "I'm fine" I said - "I know you" says Kim ... "you CAN cut it you know ....."

Well, that was it - someone else to "give me permission" ... sod the blog ... I had my sanity to think of...

So, later Saturday morning, kid's in tow, I turn up at the Bald Englishman Hair salon in Bethlehem (www.baldenglishman.co.nz) as they prepared for the launch of their Beauty services (Kim was trialling one of the facials) .... no relaxing for him though ... the minute he was done I said, "CHOP IT OFF"  .... a grin appeared on his face - he knows me so well.  I tried to ignore the "I told you so" expression on his face - afterall, I wanted a good job done :)

So, this is where I am now:

 (Feeling a happy chappy today!)
 (a smug look at the Salon on Saturday!)

The relief - aghhhhhhhhh....  I just know I'm going to have a great day today :)


If you've liked my blog - please check out my new one Trials and Tribulations of a Hairdresser's Wife :
http://baldenglishmanhairdressers.blogspot.co.nz/

See you there

No comments:

Post a Comment