About Me

My photo
My husband Kim IS the Bald Englishman Hairdresser in Bethlehem, Tauranga. I am a maximiser - total perfectionist - Kim's worst client I'm sure :)

Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 January 2012

80's Slick Back

It's raining, again, and I can't be bothered to blow dry my hair only to look like Worzel Gummage by the time I get to work .... so, I have taken inspiration today from 80's singer, Robert Palmer, and have slicked my hair back :)




This was dead easy - straight out of the shower, slick gel or other fixing paste through your hair - get it into a small pony tail (mine's very stubby but in!).  Grip and loose ends and then use a strong hair spray - Use your palms to smooth it all down (it will go hard in the end but this is what keeps it all in).  Hair spray is your friend for this style!  (I've added a hair band, but you don't need to)

This look really shows your face, so concentrate on getting your make-up right - red lips does work exceptionally well,  infact, any strong colour..

Here's one of the girls form the video:



I clearly need to work on the red lips!!


Watch Robert Palmer's videos on the left hand side of this blog!


UPDATE:  This style stayed in ALL day - even through a fast paced hour of aerobic exercise!!  This is definitely a style for those days when you have no space time or the weather is YUK - as it is here at the moment!  Just remember to use that STRONG hairspray ....


So, another 80's day today:



No comments:

Post a Comment