About Me

My photo
My husband Kim IS the Bald Englishman Hairdresser in Bethlehem, Tauranga. I am a maximiser - total perfectionist - Kim's worst client I'm sure :)

Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 January 2012

Measuring Success

OK, today I've simply straightened my bob but have decided to use a measuring tape on my fringe to work out just how long it's going to take (and give me something else to measure success by - thus keep me on track!).

As you can see, it's a bit tricky (and I look like I've got giant hands!), but by my reckoning we're on about 11 cm ...


They (and that means Kim!) reckon the average person has hair growth of half and inch a month (that's about 1.3 cms) ... however, I am convinced mine grows faster  (and I think my sister-in-law would agree!) .... we shall see!




The side of my bob is 23 cm (or there abouts), so that means I've got just over 12 cms to grow to catch up with the sides .... thats a whole year!  No wonder people give up!  Still, I am determined to give it a go ... the tricky thing is I also want to grow the length of my bob a bit, probably by about 7 cms ... so:

1.  Do I leave the length of the bob the same and grow my fringe out?
2.  Do I grow both together?
3. Grow the back of my bob down to make it less "inverted" and thus allow for a pony tail?


Option 1: possible...

Option 2:  could mean I will be in the "growing out phase" for way longer that I really want (about 2 years!!! OMG, I really don't think I have the patience for that!)

Option 3: This makes the most sense for the following reasons:


  • I won't really notice that I am growing 2 things at once!
  • I will be able to use my clip in hair extensions with a longer back to get a ponytail or bun - many more options available.
  • It will look and feel WAY less messy... an I am therefore more likely to keep going!
  • I can grow the rest down after the fringe catches up 
So, Pption 3 it is then.  Better let Kim know :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment