About Me

My photo
My husband Kim IS the Bald Englishman Hairdresser in Bethlehem, Tauranga. I am a maximiser - total perfectionist - Kim's worst client I'm sure :)

Total Pageviews

Friday 13 January 2012

The Dreaded Benders!

So.....

Today I have tried out the "benders" (bendy rollers) ... Kim keeps saying, "I told you you should try it with a curl..."  Yes, alright ...here's the result!

Step 1:
Putting them in was actually quite easy - I used John Frieda "Take Change" mousse, combed each section and then wound them around - in no particular direction ...


....and went about my business for a couple of hours.


Step 2:
Unwinding them was a bit tricky - for some reason they have a velcro type end (I have NO idea what this is for - other than to totally frustrate you when you come to take them out!)  I got one piece well and truly knotted in the back of my hair - probably because I just yanked when it got stuck - so Kimbo to the rescue.

Once all of the rollers were out, I had this very annoying bit that hadn't really curled (maybe I forgot to add mousse?)  and I was not at ALL convinced (as seen below!!!)



Step 3:
Using just my fingers, I teased the curls out - boy there's a lot of body in there.  The resulting style was not what I had in mind, as I had to tame the lion's mane, however I am not unhappy with it.  The main objective of these styles is to grow my fringe out  - this style makes it easy to pin my fringe up as the mousse and the curl add oomph thereby making for a better "scraped off the face" look!



I think this style is a definite keeper!!!! ... not sure I can do it for work though unless I get up REALLY early - maybe a hairdryer would speed up the process.....  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment