About Me

My photo
My husband Kim IS the Bald Englishman Hairdresser in Bethlehem, Tauranga. I am a maximiser - total perfectionist - Kim's worst client I'm sure :)

Total Pageviews

Friday 6 January 2012

New Look - Side Part with No Fringe

Today I've gone for something quite unusual for me - I've had my hair in a centre parting for about 10 years, so this feels weird!  It feels heavy on one side, which of course is nonsense!!  It also feels quite girlie glam!




So this is how it's done:

  • Once you've thoroughly dried your hair with a side parting, blow dry your fringe over to the heaviest side.
  • Hold on tight about half way across and blast with hot air, followed by cool for about 5 seconds.  Keep holding for 10 seconds for it to set (this will make it easier to pin)
  • Take your trusted bobby pin and clip just before the shortest end (placement of the first pin will depend on how wide your fringe is and how long it is)
  • Take another pin and clip about 1 cm past the first, crossing it over the first one (this makes it much more secure as newly blow dried hair can be too shiny and clean to grip well - also, sometimes the clips are not very strong to are just a bit knackered from over-use!)
  • Take care not to let the ends poke out through the top of your hair (it might take a couple of goes to get it right).  The heavy side of your hair should fall forward a bit to cover the clips....



This is the look that I'm aiming for  - it will take a bit of practice and need to grow down a bit at the back, but it's not bad considering the fact that my fringe is still very short - give it a couple of months and I think it might look a closer to Keira's!!

According to my teenage daughter, and my hairdresser husband, I look so much younger with my fringe off my face!!  That's enough to keep me going strong ......   LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment