About Me

My photo
My husband Kim IS the Bald Englishman Hairdresser in Bethlehem, Tauranga. I am a maximiser - total perfectionist - Kim's worst client I'm sure :)

Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 January 2012

Using a Hair Band

OK, so hairbands organised - plenty to choose from and others kicking around somewhere...

Basically, there are a few options:

1.  The traditional hairbands - these come in skinny, about and inch wide or 2/3 inches for that super 60's look.




2.  Those that are on a circular stretchy band - material, sequined, crochet etc - these are great for combining with a bun or pony tail, although they can sometimes slip and ping off backwards (kirby grips advised on shiny straight hair!)




They can also be worn in a more boho fashion:



Personally, I have never mastered this look without feeling like a total fashion victim!  Maybe I just need more confidence or to grow my hair super long for this one?  

So, next week I will be trying some of the styles seen below:








I particularly like Sandra Bullock's triple hair band.  I DO have one of those in a plastic, faux leather look but I think I need to wait until the rest of my hair is a bit longer ...

3. The band/scarf combo:






You can tie your own - like this:





Defo one I will be trying ....

No comments:

Post a Comment